Monday, November 26, 2007

A simple prayer

I found an interesting blog today authored by Brian and Emily Miller who are youth ministers at a church in Colorado. Here is a posting I liked very much:

We used this prayer for meditation during the first 30 minutes of youth group last week. Each line of the prayer was put on screen for a few minutes and students/leaders were encouraged to dwell on the words and on God, or ignore the words if needed and sit in silence. It benefitted us immensely, so we wanted to share it with anyone who might also enjoy it.

THANK YOU
your grace
your love
your sacrifice
your faithfulness

I LOVE YOU
your beauty
your mystery
your presence
your heart

FORGIVE ME
my indifference
my pride
my rebellion
my infidelity
They also posted the following quote:

The day we are completely satisfied with what we have been doing; the day we have found the perfect, unchangeable system of work, the perfect answer, never in need of being corrected again, on that day we will know that we are wrong, that we have made the greatest mistake of all.

-- Vincent Donovan, Christianity Rediscovered

They sound like a very thoughtful and committed young couple. I'm glad I found their blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.