Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Saint Mary the Virgin


As you all know, Blessed Mary's Day is really August 15. But since that date fell on a Sunday this year, the day was tranferred on the church calendar to the 16th - yesterday. As you notice from my note below, I had rather a busy day and didn't get any posting done so today will have to do!

Isn't this an interesting 15th Century image? The three Christ-appearing figures actually represent the Holy Trinity.

Now here's a quotation for you. I hope nobody is offended by this because I actually think it's rather delightful:

I'm one of those cliff-hanging Catholics. I don't believe in God, but I do believe that Mary was his mother.

-- Martin Sheen

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.