Saturday, June 21, 2008

To Come Home to Yourself

"Coming Home"

Kathleen Cairns sent me the following. I was delighted to get it because I have loved the works of John O'Donohue for a long time now:

To Come Home to Yourself

May all that is unforgiven in you
Be released.

May your fears yield
Their deepest tranquillities.

May all that is unlived in you
Blossom into a future
Graced with love.

-- from To Bless the Space Between Us by John O'Donohue

By the way, do click through "John O'Donohue" link just above. It's a wonderful article about him!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how I needed this today! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad, Jan. And I'll tell Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved this poem for a number of years and it is a wonderful title for a week-end workshop for those over committed to work and also those who suddenly find themslves with no work. Thank you for the link also to JOhn O'Donohue

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.