Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Something about hospitality

Artist: Nikolay Ge

I still have yesterday's gospel reading on my mind - the passage in which Jesus says, "The one who welcomes you, welcomes Me," and "The one who give even a cup of cold water in my name will not go unrewarded."

And so I offer the following:
If it were not for guests all houses would be graves. (Kahlil Gibran)

Visitor's footfalls are like medicine; they heal the sick. (African Proverb)

Mighty proud I am that I am able to have a spare bed for my friends. (Samuel Pepys)
I really identify with that last one. Having a guest room is what I like the most, I should say, about my little house!
~~~

3 comments:

  1. Mr. Boycott American Women, I recognize you. You come every now and again, like a pigeon. Then you sit anonymously in the eaves and try to poop on the unsuspecting people below. But your comments are so over the top and filled with anger and hurt that no one feels pooped on. And your comments don't hurt anyone but you. It seems your spirit and your psyche are both very scarred. You must also be very lonely. I wish you were not in so much pain. No one should have to feel the pain you must be feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tom. I hadn't had time yet to delete the comment by Anonymous but I think because of your excellent response I'll leave it.

    A reminder, Anonymous. Please choose a pen name if you don't want to sign your real name. Common courtesy and all that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to add my voice to Tom's...it seems someone must have hurt you very much.

    ...and ask also, what in the world does this pathetic diatribe have to do with the content of the blog?
    annie c

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.