Friday, March 30, 2012

Thoughts by a great doctor of the Church

Artist: Ernst Hanfstaengl

I found myself thinking today of the first of the quotations I'm offering here by Teresa of Avila. Then I decided to add a few more for good measure!
“Let nothing disturb thee; Let nothing dismay thee; All thing pass; God never changes." 
“To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.” 
“Accustom yourself continually to make many acts of love, for they enkindle and melt the soul.” 
“The feeling remains that God is on the journey, too.”
Of late, that last one has become one of my favorites. It seems that Teresa was an early process theologian.
~~~

2 comments:

  1. "To have courage..."

    The other quotes I truly find solace in or I get strength from and they make me contemplate how it is and affects my life. But when I read the courage quote I totally stopped. I didn't realize courage is an attribute I feel is something I am afraid of...or unsure in myself. That's a good thing because I need to visit it in writing and prayer.

    ReplyDelete

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.