Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Joined in the Moment

"Endless Road" by Margret Hofheinz-Döring

I thought maybe I had posted this before but I did a search on this blog and couldn't find it so here goes:

One Easy Step to Enlightenment

First off, and I do mean first
You know in your heart
that the times are changing
Oh so much slower than we thought
and you know in your heart
that the good guys and the bad guys
don't know any more than you what's going on
End of the World?
End of Time?
I'm here to tell you
and yes that is my job
It doesn't matter
This moment and only this moment, matters
It is your heart, your very soul
that will shape this moment
and when we, together
Awaken to the idea
that is this moment
we will reach out
Without any thought for
what's in it for us
without any notion of our need
but reach out in one infinitesimal
moment
for no other reason than to
Be
Together
Joined
In the Moment

-- Krev Roues

I would submit that fear utterly disappears whenever we're able to take on the message of this poem.

I would also submit that this was at least part of what Jesus was saying when he told the thief on the cross, "Today you will be with me in paradise."
~~~
PS: Ah, I see that I have posted it before but it was over on my blog Meditation Matters. Well it belongs here too so I'm not taking it down! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.