Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pentecost Sunday

Artist: Giotto di Bondone
Image from Wikimedia Commons

This morning I happened to have a brief email exchange with Robin Meyers who is pastor of Mayflower Congregational Church in Oklahoma City and, I'm convinced, truly one of the great preachers of our day. In wishing each other a joyful Pentecost, Robin referred to the event as a "translingual miracle". I was so taken with the expression that I asked him if I could blog it. By way of reply, he said this: "I also call it the ultimate "classless" reunion. Especially those Cretans--the ones your mother warned you about!"

Don't just love it?

(If you don't get the joke, go read today's lesson from Acts. You can find it right here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New policy: Anonymous posts must be signed or they will be deleted. Pick a name, any name (it could be Paperclip or Doorknob), but identify yourself in some way. Thank you.